Thursday 16 April 2015

Fitness Journey - Day 9

Nothing is better than realizing that you have gained some strength and you are stronger than the person you were yesterday. The glory moment of my gym hour was when I completed 30 reps of leg raises without any break. I will admit that last 10 reps were not quite perfect but I did all in one go. :-D Before this the maximum that I did was 20 reps. I tried to even push myself today, after the prescribed workout was over I did 100 side dumbbells to tell myself that I can still go on :-D I love my small victories. :-)


Another thing that I felt today was the power of persistence. We have read about water cutting rocks with its tenacity but have you given a thought to the similar power of the wind? The invisible air can also shape the rocks, and transport things when it persists. I first learned about it in class nine and I was awe struck. I had never thought that air possessed such strength. Today, while I am on my journey to health I think the air and the water, how soft hey are and how flexible they are yet with persistence they gain mystical powers. We are born of the same elements. 70% of our body is water and air is what flows in and out of us 24X7. Are we not equally powerful? Won't persistence grant us the same superpowers that the elements hold individually. We are nature - we are mystical, we are fierce, we are gentle... We need to think about connecting to these powers.

Enough of blabbering for today. Its half past midnight and I should crash now. I will sign off for now with the hope that we all find the strength hidden within us. Tata for now!

Fitness Quote:
"Every living cell in your body is made from the food you eat. If you consistently eat junk food then you'll have a junk body" - Jeanette Jenkins




No comments:

Post a Comment