Thursday 9 April 2015

Fitness Journey - Day 3

It was boring day at gym today. I missed my regular time slot and ended up going at a time when the gym is jam packed. I thought I will enter the Aerobics class today as I never tried it before. Ten minutes into the class and I knew I had made a wrong choice. I didn't want to go to the weights training section as it would have been hijacked by the guys.

What did I do today? I did 7 minutes of warm up session on treadmill, aerobics for only twenty five minutes, followed by another 20 minutes of cardio where I tried to do some interval training - 2 minutes of slow walk followed by 30 sec of running. This is also called HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). The benefit of HIIT is that it programs your body to burn fat for next 48 hrs, provided you do it correctly. :-D

Link to some good articles on HIIT - HIIT Articles on Bodybuilding.com

In the morning, at home, I tried doing plank and I couldn't strain my core at all. Was flat on the ground in 2 seconds. I tried same on returning from gym and I was able to do plank for 30 seconds :-D It is funny how muscles move in the gym but stay stiff at home. May be our body moves only when it has no option other than moving.


Fitness Quote: Strength - A river cuts through rock, not because of its power but its persistence. (taken from the web)

2 comments:

  1. Take a look here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiDHfo71UsY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am on level 2 and the guy in the video is on level 100 :-P :-D Long way to go for me... :-D

      Delete