Monday 13 April 2015

Fitness Journey - Day 6

A slow progress is on the way. Really? May be not. I weighed myself today and the scale questioned my efforts when it showed 63Kg which is 2 Kg more than last week. :-P I am not discouraged with that as I might have (hoping that I have) gained some muscle that resulted in the increment. Weight is not a problem for me as long as it stays under 67Kg. So, I consider that to be a yellow light for me. Also, even when I am saying to myself eat mindfully I am ending up eating a good heavy dinner on most days of the week. By the rule I am not suppose to eat meals after 7 p.m. and if I feel hungry I should go for salads or fruits. To conclude, my eating regime is showing its effect on the overall goal. No matter how hard we workout our eating habbits dominate the outcome of our efforts to get lean.

The day at gym was good. The regular start with cardio and then some resistance training. Something new added was the weights training for the chest and the back. Did I tell you that I love working out the back muscles :-D To me the back is the most attractive part of a male or a female body. In addition to getting a flat stomach I have a target of shaping the back too. I can still feel that I worked out my back today :-D

In one of the previous blog post I wrote a quote on 'Mind and Body' combo. I experienced it today. I was doing a circuit of 200 bent over twists, 30 leg raises, 30 full sit ups, and 100 bent over jumping jacks. When I reached 16th sit up the lower side muscles of the back got extremely tired and I was unable to do the next sit up without stopping for 5 to 10 seconds. I somehow managed to finish the first round. In the second round when I reached the same stage in the sit ups part I decided not to let my mind give way to weakness. I said to myself that I can do it and abused those tired muscles a little :-P This time it was easy to finish the exercise. The body IS capable of performing if it is forced to. I know doing this on just one day won't help, I have to do this everyday to push my limits. Don't give into the weakness of  the mind. 

Another thing that I enjoyed today was feeling your particular muscle workout when you do the weights training exercise. The last time when I did this type of training my focus was always on weights and repetition count. I hardly paid any attention to the muscle that I was trying to work on then. Today's experience was more like mindful exercising :-D

Before leaving the gym I had a dialogue with one of the coach, I asked him about two articles that I had read. One was how building muscles help in burning more calories and second was benefit of cardio. The jist of the conversation was that generally the fat gets deposited above the muscles. When we don't use the muscle it loses it regular size and shape. The fat accumulation on top of these muscles makes skin of the area look soft and loose. If you start to workout the muscle it tries to regain its form and for this it uses the fat stored on top of it. That is how building fat burns more calories and that too from the storehouse of fat. Excess of cardio degenerated the muscles that you have build, so if you are doing weights training do consult your trainer on how much cardio is necessary. For women weights training helps to tone the body, which is tightening that loose skin of your arms, thighs, abdomen, etc. In case you think you will get masculine look by lifting weights then you should read about it more on the web. Women do not have the hormones that men have which cause the enormous increase in the muscle sizes. It is only with very intense training and supplements that a woman can have that masculine look.

This has turned out to be quite a long entry. :-D I will stop here. :-)
Keep up the good work buddies.


Fitness Quote: Strength is the result of struggle. (Taken from the web)




No comments:

Post a Comment