Wednesday 15 April 2015

Fitness Journey - Day 7 & Day 8

I didn't do any workout on Day 7. I have excuses but what matters is that I did not exercise. And on top of it I ate an unhealthy dinner too. So there was no special blog for day 7. It was the day when I just wandered into the side fields rather than sticking to the fitness highway.

Day 8 turned out to be more productive than any other day. I was infused with the positive energy when I hit the gym and tried to put extra effort into every exercise I did, e.g. I did 12 rounds of 20 stairs in one go and another 6 in between the training, 2 sets of 100 reps of side dumbbells with 5 kg weight, 2 sets of 30 reps of full sit-ups on a decline bench, which was my glory moment :-D ( 60 sit-ups sound cool, don't they? :-D )  there more exercises after that and some weights training too. I ended the session with a 20 min of light cardio.

Special thing that happened today is that I recognized one of my school seniors at the gym. Every time I saw her I felt I knew her, and today when the trainer took her name the confirmation bell rang, I knew this girl. It is strange how our appearances change with time. Even on the day when I was on a hunt find a gym to join I crossed paths with my class XIII classmate, she did not recognize me but I did. Lets call her J. J was an overweight kid in school but now she has all those sexy curves :-D The funny part was when I recalled the memories I share with J. We once had a science exhibition in our school and I, along with another friend of mine, performed 'distillation of water' experiment. J had lent her water bottle to us to store the distilled water. After the exhibition was over we had our regular classes, and we were given only few minutes to join the class. We hurried to the class and thought that we would empty the bottle containing the distilled water later. As soon as the class got over J came to my seat and took away her bottle. I did not get a chance to tell her to empty the bottle as the next teacher was in the class already. Now J felt thirsty and she drank the priceless water of our experiment which tasted yuk :-P She immediately started coughing and felt sick, though she recovered quickly from it.

That was nice side story to tell, now back to our main topic - fitness. I don't have much to write today, I tried reading about cauliflower, which is my favorite veggie, but due to lack of interest I could not get into details of the nutrient power of this vegetable. All I understood was that it has very less amount of calories, and more of fiber and protein. Thats all for now. See you tomorrow with better things to share with you :-)


Fitness Quote: I don't workout because I hate my body. I workout because I LOVE it. (Taken from the web)

No comments:

Post a Comment