Friday 10 April 2015

Fitness Journey - Day 4

Everything in place day! Reached gym on perfect time, did HIIT (only on treadmill), did workout, and wrapped up the session with 7 minutes of cross-trainer. There are days when you wait for the clock to strike the time for you to do your favorite thing, I was waiting for my gym time today :-D I don't know how effective this routine will be in reaching the target but I am already having fun. :-)

The trainer today said that I will have to put in a lot more effort if I have to shed that fat. Controlling the diet and working extra hours act like catalyst in the process of getting lean but how far will it be effective if you get back to your homely routines? I mean I don't wish to give up on my tasty meals for the whole life or take in the supplements to achieve my goals because I cannot do these for my whole life. I don't think it is impossible to see the results if I substitute the fatty stuff in my diet with the healthy stuff and eat mindfully. This is what I am experimenting with. I drink green tea and milk, use olive oil in cooking, eat egg whites, walnuts, almonds, whole wheat bread, brown rice, salads, fruits, paranthas made in olive oil, oat meal, muesli and drink at least 2.5 liters of water per day.  I do drink sweet tea twice a day and eat noodles once or twice a week. This seems like a normal diet to me and one should be able to get lean and stay lean with this. Whether this works or not I will tell you in couple of months.

Apart from the regular gym I did some exercises at home also today. Planks are becoming my favorites. I did planks, superman exercise, pull-over, triceps dips, single triceps extension, one arm dumbbell row, and bent over row. It does feel good to feel your muscles working through exercises. :-) I need to build a lot of strength in the coming days to be able to do more reps.

I hope you too are having fun in your journeys to health. Keep it Going Buddies!

It's more about the mind than about the body

Fitness Quote: I may not be where I need to be, but thank God I'm not where I used to be
                      (Taken from the web)




2 comments:

  1. Side dumbbells, Crunches, Leg raises helped me shed extra fats off.
    Plank, Squats, Push-ups and Chin-ups good for core.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip Anish. I have been doing crunches and leg raise, I will include side dumbbells from now on.

      Delete